Wednesday, July 27, 2005

wait...which one is a fancy shake? and what's so fancy about it anyway?

So, I am using this poo color because it is just funny. So, I had my first day at work today. I must admit that I was scared for my life but when I got there it actually wasn't so bad. I happened to get there in the middle of lunch hour so it was crazy and they were trying to teach me everything while taking care of customers but thankfully they didn't make me do anything seriously important until the crowd died down. But the first thing I made was a shake and let me just say that the little machine you put it in to mix it is the scariest thing - I most definitely got shake all over the place, but then it was fixed and I didn't make a shake for a while, but the next time I did, it turned out good. I realized that I am good under pressure (which I already knew) and the register didn't scare me so much and everything just ran smoothly if you did it right. Oddly enough, I think I am going to like this "worst job ever" because you are always doing something and hate to just do nothing. And it will be a good chance for me to read or do homework when there really isn't anything to do. But standing up for five hours has made me completely exhausted and I really need to be writing my American Heritage paper but I am slacking like usual.
But if any of you ever get the chance you should come by Stan's and get a shake or some other equally tasty food item. Next week I may be working in the evening (from five to eleven) but this week I am working Friday (and maybe Saturday) from 11 to 5. Anyway, I have way to many things on my mind which are just no good...ie Trevor left to the MTC today and I couldn't go see him because I was working which is just silly because seeing a missionary off is usually just for parents but still...I am going to write him tomorrow (is that a little too crazy?)...I really need to stop this madness but it is never going to happen...and I still stand strong on the issue (which really only I know about).
So, you all are really cool and I haven't seen much of you in quite a while which is no good, but this blog business is good because then I at least get to talk to you. (you=everyone)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like your job and that everything is going pretty well, except for the whole Trevor leaving thing. That is just sad. Hey! We got to see each other last night! That was pretty fantastic. Let's do it again sometime. You're dang cool.

Trisha said...

alec. i miss you. you must tell me a some point all ov this trevor business. it would make me very happy indeed. i like juicy details of the boy variety. good day to you.

Trisha said...

when i wrote "ov" i obviously was using the phonetic spelling ov of.

Babs said...

Sweet Ali! You have a blog now.. it's always so exciting to see that another dear friend has joined the bloggin' business!! Well, You sound like an amazing shake maker and I must partake of these tasty treats sometime! ... Oh so often though really!

smart alec said...

Becca, you are funny. I am glad you are as enthrawled by the poo (pooh, poop, etc) color as I am.

Unknown said...

I was quite unfazed by the poo color. My brain doesn't register obscenities now that I have talked about poo size with Micquel and Debbie.

deb said...

ha ha ah ha ha ha.....I don't know what you are talking about.

Babs said...

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. oye

smart alec said...

yeah...i don't want to know

Trisha said...

young ladies of your upstanding values should not be talking about poo. alec, do you have the georgia book finished? i may have to rip off your boy entrancers if not.

micquel said...

Ali! I hope you are having fun at the concert right now. We should watch Its a Wonderful Life for American Heritage.

deb said...

That sounds oddly familiar...

micquel said...

Tee-hee.