Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Decisions

Whoa, it has been a real long time since i've written anything. I've been thinking about maybe staying here for the whole summer. There are so many things in the air, but I really want to stay. However, that means I would have to get a job. And, there are so many things going on this summer that if i stayed, i would have to choose what to go to, since travelling isn't all that cheep. Here's the fun things going on:

May 31: Stevo, basically our 7th roommate at the Glenwood (and our fhe dad) has his farewell in California. I really want to go because my roommates will be there and I didn't say goodbye to him before I left, which is just not allowed. If I go, I would fly to Utah on the 28th, drive with two of my roommates on Friday to California, then leave on Monday to Utah, and fly back on Tuesday. If I don't go, I can always wait until his homecoming in two years. And of course I'm going to write him on the mish.

June 19-20: Family Reunion with Steve's family at cabins up in Heber. I love family get togethers and so of course I want to go to this, but my mom said that if necessary, I don't have to go. I wouldn't be that heartbroken if I didn't go, but it would be fun. If I went, I would probable fly in Friday morning and then fly back Sunday. It's also my dad and sister's birthday that week, so I would probably be able to see them, which would be nice.

July 8-13: Larke's friend is getting married in San Diego and she wants me to come with her so she can have a friend. It would be way fun to go. And on my way back I could just fly to Utah for Daisy's wedding.

July 14: Daisy's wedding. Of course I am for sure coming to this no matter what, definitely wouldn't miss it. If I stay here and go with Larke to California, I'll just fly from there to Utah and then on the 15th I'll fly back to Colorado. If I got a job, I would have to make sure I had this time off.

August 13-18: Family trip with my dad. I'm so excited for this one and of course I'm going no matter what. We're going to some place in Colorado to go camping. There are like cave ruins and stuff. If I stay here I will probably meet up with my family for the trip and then go with them back to Utah when we're done.

So...if I do stay. Then I'll only have a job from like June to the middle of August, with a week break in between. So that's like 2 and 1/2 or 3 months. It isn't very long, but I think it's long enough to have a job of some kind. If I come back to Provo, I won't really have to worry about all the travelling business and I can probably go to everything. Really, it mostly comes down to money. It's probably like 200 a trip, so with 3 trips that about 600. I definitely don't have enough for that.

Then there's of course the matter of my job at BYU. When I left, it was understood that I would be able to keep my job in the fall if I came back for summer term. So, I'm going to talk to my boss again and see what he says. If I can't keep my job there, then I'll have to decide if it's worth it to let it go and have to find another job for two semesters when I get back.

I just don't really know what to do. I really want to stay, and I'm leaning more towards that. I don't really have anything pulling me to come back to Provo other than my job. There's other things that come into play, but I figure if I decide I should stay, then the rest will work out.

I know that was a lot, but I needed to dump some of what's going on in my head.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

deb said...

whoazer is right. I am a bit overwhelmed :) Probably not as much as you. I am glad the wedding is definitely part of your plans. because if it wasn't I would have to hurt you. I also have one item that you should be aware of. I get home the 14th of August, and that is the time you are going on vacation. lame. But fun. all at the same time. Good luck with all those decisions.

maremee said...

I think my opinion is slightly biased and doesn't necessarily need to be typed out. :) jk I'm glad you like it out there so much but I miss you.