Friday, May 04, 2012

my last day at work & possibly my last week in Utah

My last day at work is today. which means that it is also my last day at "school", and on campus. For the past four years I've come to campus to go to work. It has been the best job to have while I was in school. I couldn't have asked for better bosses or coworkers. We've had some pretty great times.

It's going to be so weird turning my computer off for the last time. And having to take all of my things home. so weird. I'm not going to be back here for work ever again. Or for school ever again. I've spent the most of almost every day on this campus since I started college in 2005. It's going to be surreal not to be walking around these buildings anymore.

But at the same time...I'm excited to start a new "chapter". Gosh that sounds cliche haha. But really, as scary as it is having to leave a place I've become so accustom to, I'm looking forward to new things.

We're leaving for Colorado on Wednesday (for one of my best friend/sister-in-law's wedding - soo very excited for her!), and I probably won't be back until the end of the month, and even then it will only be for a few days to pack up and drive back to our new "home" in Colorado. Not what the plan was a few days ago, but that's just how things go sometimes right? I'm going to stay in Colorado to interview for jobs and hopefully get one(!), while Jantz stays in Utah to work until the end of the month - not sure how being apart is going to work out (major sad face).

I thought I would have longer to say goodbye - to my friends, family, and the city I grew up in. But maybe it's good. I don't have to "prepare" for sad goodbyes, I just have to have them. I'm terrible at prolonged goodbyes, I get way too emotional and nostalgic. I think maybe it will be for the best to just rip the bandaid off. I just hope I get to see most (if not all) of you guys before I leave :)

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

The CTL will not be the same without you. It is so weird leaving. I thought I was done for good but my husband is going to work there in the fall. Haha. So I guess I'll never really leave. Good luck with everything! And congratulations on finishing school!

Derek said...

The new blogger mobile sucks. I can't seem to comment correctly. Hopefully this one goes through. I hope I get to see you two before you leave. You should let me buy you guys culvers. I can't imagine Jantz wouldn't go for that.