Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Update for January

I'll start with what is probably the most exciting news from the past few months: 

Jantz got straight As last semester.

That's right people, my husband is a genius. I never got straight As in college - trust me I checked haha. And he was taking some pretty tough generals - including stats. and I promise I only helped him slightly with his art history homework. Other than that, he did it all on his own, and I am seriously so proud of him - not surprised (i always knew he was a smarty pants), but so very proud!



Here's some other fun news...

This one is bittersweet, but....I got a teaching job! It's a general Art History class from Renaissance to 1900, which might just be my favorite time periods. I was super excited, but I found out over the weekend that not enough students were registered for it....so they had to cancel the class. I was, and still am, pretty devastated about it. but there's really nothing I can do to change it, so I'm just hoping and praying that enough register in summer so I can teach then (I'm in the class schedule for summer too, and hopefully fall as well, so that's good). I'm just really bummed because I've been planning on it for a while, and I've taken a lot of time preparing, but I guess everything happens for a reason (at least that's what my husband keeps telling me. he's so sweet)....Now on to better news so I don't have to think about this sad stuff.

Jantz's birthday is on Friday! It's going to be pretty fun, not going to lie. I'm going to make him my delicious chocolate cake. ok it's not really "mine", it's from my Hershey's recipe book, but it is the best! (I was going to make him an ice cream cake because he doesn't think they are a real thing (even though they totally are!), but we decided chocolate cake just can't wait, so we're putting it on hold until Valentine's). I can't tell you anything else though, because it's a secret. I'm excited to surprise him and I really hope he has a great birthday!

We're finally finishing decorating our bedroom. Since we've moved in I've been wanting to take pictures/video of our apartment, but I've been waiting until it's "all done" (whatever that really means), and it's all been done except our bedroom. But a couple weeks ago we finally started hanging up things, and I must say, it really does make a difference. I'll have to take pictures to post.

I think that's most of the exciting things going on in our lives. I really do want to keep up with blogging, I just feel so busy that I would rather spend time with Jantz than post anything haha. But I do have some catch-up to do, so get ready for some updates on our Christmas and New Years :)

0 comments: