Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Adventure of Awesome

Hmm

This week has been interesting, both good and bad.

The good, but really great, part is that I went to Idaho with Debbie and Nikki and Dani and Stephanie and Haley and lots of other cool people. I really really was not wanting to go because I had a horrible day on Friday. But I decided that my decision-making skills were kind of impaired because of it so I just went. And it was just what I needed. It was so much fun to just relax and chill and have funsies with my besties. It took us like 6 hours each way of driving. But Haley drove and there was no snow and we listened to awesome (and by awesome I mean super awesome) music and sand our hearts out and slept and ate. It was fantastic. I slipped on the ice somehow and it was pretty funny. But my left lower back still hurts, as does my left arm. And the back of my right hand somehow got little scrapes, which I'm sure will be gone by tomorrow. Deb and I almost finished a puzzle, but alas it did not happen. But I'm ok with it, even though I hate not finishing puzzles. Deb and Nik and Haley and I had way too much fun with the snow and pictures were a plenty.

I'm trying to just be happy, even when I want to be sad. So far it's pretty hard but I just miss laughing a lot and being really happy all the time. So I decided to just suck it up and be happy. Because, well, I think I'm pretty great when I'm happy. And I'm so sick of being sad about things. I can't change the past, so I just have to look forward to the future. And I'm planning on having an amazing future. So, here's a punch in the face to the sad stuff and a big chocolate kiss to the real good stuff.

Both of them say yes.

Song-o-the-Week: No Air by Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown. But only because I think that was the song I heard most this weekend. And it's just so dramatic how can you not burst into tears when it comes on?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention Miss Meliss!

I'm so glad you punched the sad stuff in the face. It deserves a good sockin'. And chocolate kisses are the best.

I'm so glad you came! Hopefully Monte and I weren't too lovey dovey for you. I was trying to refrain for your sake.

Becca said...

I can't believe this Idaho trip happened and I never knew about it. I guess we haven't hung out in awhile. SO we need to.

When?

Well I am sorry that things are sad, I get that, as do most people. But I am proud of you for sucking it up and being happy. That's the best choice. Always find something to be happy about.

don't make me take my own advice for a few more days, ok? ;o) haha. jk.