Wednesday, February 11, 2009

you want more?

so...I made another blog. Not to replace this one of course. I just wanted a blog that I could write about other stuff. Like spiritual stuff or random thoughts, music stuff, lyrics I like, etc. Becca has one and I really like the idea. Maybe I'll get sick of it, but it seemed like a fun thing to do today, so I did it.

the address for it is ohthejoysoflife.blogspot.com

You can read it if you want, but I won't be offended if you don't.

In other news, I don't really have anything exciting. But I'm super excited for a three day weekend. I have so much to do.

I've been watching the Bachelor and it is down to the final 3. I watched the Bachelorette with Larke over the summer and the guy who "lost" is now the bachelor, and I just had to watch it. But one thing I hate about shows like this where people get kicked off is that I get so attached! And I fret over who I think should win, even though I have no control. But it's still fun to watch.

This Saturday is Valentine's Day. Need I say more? I have very mixed feelings this year about it. I'm excited to have a fun dinner with my amazing roommates and hopefully hang out with friends. But I really really don't want to think about the fact that I don't have someone who wants to tell me how much they love me. Because I think I'm finally ok with the fact that I don't have that. So I guess my goal for the rest of this week is to not think about that and to focus on what I do have and the amazing people I have in my life that do love me.

And since this is technically the second post this week, there is no song of the week. You're heartbroken I know.

Ok ok, I've been convinced.

Song-of-the-Week-number-2: In honor of said day of "love", I have chosen The Luckiest by Ben Folds. I just love this song, as I'm sure most girls do. Even though I don't have this yet, I just think of the day when I do have someone who loves me this much. And if that thought doesn't make me happy I don't know what will.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ALI I LOVE YOU!!! Sorry I'm two days late. But I am a person in your life that wanted to tell you I loved you.

The Bachelor, eh? I saw some pretty intense commercials for that episode. Hope it turned out well.

deb said...

Has anyone won the bachelor yet?

smart alec said...

no i it's not for another couple weeks. But I haven't seen last weeks because I don't have my laptop and I won't be able to see tonight's. I'm pretty much devastated.

And thanks Nik, you're the best (in the Nacho Libro voice...)