Friday, October 09, 2009

i want my mommy


I know she's only a phone call away (10 minutes away even). But I know if I call her I'll start crying. Not because I'm sad - because I'm not - but just because. Because she's my mom and sometimes you just need a hug from your mom. To just hear her voice. Even when you're happy, which I am. Sometimes I try to be so independent that I forget how much I need her. Just to share happy moments with (and of course the sad ones too).

I feel like a little girl. I'm sitting at my desk at work. Near tears. Because I'm happy, but I still want my mommy. Like a 3 year old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm married and I still feel the same way. I don't know what I'll do when I don't live 10 minutes away from her (MY mom, that is).

Derek said...

You're too cute.