Saturday, November 13, 2010

updating my blog is totally the same as studying...

Homework has taken over this weekend. I have to give an hour-long presentation on Monday, which is both frightening and exciting. I just want to get it over with, but I think it will be fun to talk about all that I've researched. I'm tracking the scholarship done on Guido Reni, and if you guys don't think that's fascinating, I don't know what will convince you. haha.

Oh and my laptop died on Tuesday. It was pretty devastating. Thankfully (seriously thankfully) all my information survived. But being without a laptop (or moneys) in the midst of grad school is not so good. Good thing my birthday is on Monday...pretty sure I know what my present is going to be.

Last weekend with Jantz was so much fun. We didn't do anything too extravagant, except for a birthday dinner at Cheesecake Factory :) we mostly hung out, watched movies, played random games like War (i've always been really fast at this game, but that boy beats me 90% of the time), chess (my first official game. yeah, he creamed me), and checkers (which I also lost) - my ability to strategize has greatly decreased since high school. And for probably the first time, I didn't take any pictures. for shame.

So I have nothing to spice up this post with......except maybe for one of my many baby pictures that my mom posted on facebook....i think this is a pretty precious one of my dad and i


Hope you're all having a good weekend!

PS. if anyone knows of any job openings in the Utah county area, please let me know! :)

PPS. in the Jewish Bride painting (from my last post), i know it looks like that man is groping the woman, but it was actually a gesture of love and respect. So, it's really a precious couple :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you looking for a job for yourself? Or for someone else? I thought you still worked on campus.

ONE whole HOUR? That's intense. Hope it goes well.

smart alec said...

the job is for jantz, not me :) i'm sure i'll be working on campus forever, or until i graduate, whichever comes first.

micquel said...

Ali, you are amazing to give such long presentations. Seriously. As for the job, I think NuSkin is hiring right now for tech support agents and sales agents. Being on the phones is pretty crappy, but it pays pretty well, as far as part time Utah county jobs go. Plus, Brian Reagan is coming to the Christmas party, and there are prizes!

smart alec said...

awesome, thank you so much!