Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pretz

Do you guys remember this episode from friends? Joey is such a keeper. (ps, my favorite part about the youtube video is that it looks like it's going to be in spanish, but then it's not)

I made pretzels last week for my German class (where we learn how to read German but not how to understand or speak it...good thing my teacher is an actual German with an excellent sense of humor). We were having a "German" food party for class and I decided to make homemade soft pretzels. I found a super easy recipe here. And when I mean easy, I mean I had never used yeast before or made real bread (ok ok, aside from working at a bakery for two years...but that was different!), and they turned out amazing both times I made the recipe. 





They were pretty delish, and there weren't any left over. They were no mall pretzels, but they were pretty good.


Here's some more tidbits of our weekend/week:

  • Jantz's good friend came into town from Colorado, so we've been doing lots of fun guy things (aka watching sports, staying up late, and going out to eat). Jantz has been extra sweet and let me skip out on lunch to go shopping. I haven't been shopping by myself in a long time. I found some nice dress pants and a cute top. It's funny how even just one new piece of clothing can make a girl feel special.
  • My mom took me out for breakfast this morning. I love breakfast food. especially hash browns, and pancakes/waffles/french toast, and sausage and bacon. pretty much all of it. I love it. and when my mom gives us a bag of halloween goodies to take home, you just can't go wrong.
  • I had a huge breakthrough with my thesis this week. And by breakthrough I mean I found out some really great news. While talking with my advisor and going over my progress, she let me know that first, I was right on track, and second, that the length I had assumed my paper had to be was totally off. And hey guess what, I'm really close to being done, and I still have a couple of months before deadlines. Huge. weight. lifted. off my shoulders. I can't even tell you.

1 comments:

Derek said...

Great to hear about your thesis. Am I going to get to read this eventually?