Monday, October 10, 2011

weekend recap

The weekend was much needed. I have been getting more and more stressed as the weeks go on. Writing my thesis seriously might kill me. Thankfully through every breakdown Jantz is there to remind me that it will all be worth it and that it's almost over. It's really sweet...if only it got me more pages per week haha.

We skipped our Movie Saturday and opted instead for Back to the Future on our DVR. I think it was a choice well made. But last week we saw 50/50. loved it. and definitely got teary-eyed. (Joseph Gordon-Levitt has always been a fave since 10 Things I Hate About You)

It seems I've forgotten about about our camera recently, since it was Jantz who had to remind me that we should start taking pictures again (him? a boy? asking if we could take more pictures???). Honestly I had forgotten where the camera actually was...if only I had checked our dresser haha. So, I guess we've resolved to take more pictures. Which is definitely ok with me, especially because now you don't get to see the delicious dinner we made yesterday, which I will now have to describe :)

While grocery shopping last week, Jantz had the brilliant idea to make a roast for dinner on Sunday. And so we bought all the necessary props (meaning a roast and potatoes. i begged for carrots, but he refused), and Sunday morning before we had even eaten breakfast, he asked if we could put dinner in the crock pot. haha. Since neither of us had ever attempted making a roast in the crock pot before (all we had were memories of our mothers' delicious results), we pretty much winged it. Jantz was in charge of searing and seasoning the meat, while I cut up potatoes and garlic. After a good six or so hours, and only a tiny bit of worry that it would not be good, it turned out to be really good. Perfectly seasony and garlicy, and not dry at all; and the potatoes were so flavorful. Really guys, it was good, and I only brag because I have yet to actually be proud of something I made for dinner and couldn't wait for the leftovers. This may turn out to be our Sunday dinner tradition.

thesis progress=0 dinner-making skills=1   see, it all works out


2 comments:

Helen Hall said...

I'm so proud of you on both counts--your thesis and your Sunday dinner! I love it when something fairly easy really turns out good. Your thesis isn't easy, but I'm sure it will turn out good!

JumpingJeri said...

Yay on the pot roast!! I bet it was delicious. That sounds like a great tradition. I'd definitely add the carrots next time though. Love you!!!