Wednesday, April 11, 2012

probably the best news ever! (well except for getting married - that was pretty great)

I defended my thesis! And it was a success!

That's right people, I am 90% finished with my master's degree. The hardest part is over and the end is in sight!

I was super nervous and I was asked some scary questions - they were expected, but that didn't make them easier to answer. But overall, I was proud of myself for my responses and for (hopefully) sounding like I knew what I was talking about.

My wonderful parents came, along with Jantz and a friend from my program, to watch. I seriously was so grateful to have so much support - it made me a lot calmer (although once the questions started, I didn't notice anyone in the room except for my committee). 

I thought after it was over that I would be less busy, but that has just not been the case. I still have corrections to make and lots of papers to grade. But not having to worry about defending has certainly relieved a lot of stress. It's just a relief to know that all the hard work really has paid off.

Just wanted to share :)

0 comments: