Monday, August 13, 2012

July 20

I guess I've been sort of MIA from the blogging world. 

The week after July 20 was pretty rough out here. Friday morning we woke up to hear about the horrible shooting at an Aurora movie theater only 20 minutes from our apartment. Even though we didn't know anyone who was there, it hit us a little harder than I think we thought it would. It's not easy putting feelings into words. It's just shocking. I think we're both still a little shocked by it. We drove by the theater that week. it was unsettling. being so close to where it happened and being able to imagine all that happened. It's been a little too much to swallow. Honestly I just couldn't stop thinking about the families that lost sons, daughters, husbands, wives. what if Jantz had been there? No one deserves to go through the death of someone that close to them. If my husband died, I would literally be lost. especially if it was in such a ruthless manner. how do you process that and get through it? I hope and pray that I never have to go through that. It's disgusting what happened and it's hard to think that we may never know why it happened. How does someone with so much education, so much potential, do something like that? Slowly but surely I think everyone here is getting through things, but even almost a month later, it still isn't any easier to think about.

0 comments: