Wednesday, September 19, 2012

the Denver Art Museum

Since we haven't had any money coming in, we haven't been going out very much, which means not as many fun "outing" pictures. But Jantz had to go the museum for his Art History class (guess who is more excited for that haha), and it was a free day - woot! - so we went to Denver for the afternoon. Jade and John came too, which made it even more fun. I hadn't been to the Denver Art Museum for probably two years, so I loved getting to go again. They don't have a whole lot of the art I love (which, ok, is really most all art, but 15th-19th centuries - LOVE), but they have some, and some was enough for me :)



Don't worry, Jantz isn't picking a wedgie, he was just hiding his notebook.
I'm sure you were worried.

Warhol anyone? Mostly I just am so excited that the MOA finally opened the
Warhol-Murakami exhibit I helped curate! I can't wait to see it in October!
Jade and John

These two paintings of the cowboy and indian might have been
my favorite of the day. Amazing skills.




2 comments:

deb said...

How on earth do you do your little commentary underneath the pictures. I like it. Also, I am glad you have been getting a lot of job calls lately. We should probably set up some sort of conference call (sounds professional) soon.

deb said...

Conference calls, and grown up. Thanks for explaining the picture thing to me. I felt pretty silly when it was so incredibly easy.