Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm done, WooHoo...and Other Insights


So, if you haven't already guess, I have finished The DaVinci Code. Yes, it was amazing, and very tricky. But don't worry, I still got it.All I can say is I can't wait for the movie.

Now I can start reading mindless books where the boy and girl fall in love in ways that would never happen in real life. I am quite excited.

Oh yes, and I am thinking of changing my major to Food Science or Nutritional Science. The reason being that I really want to go into cooking. But that would mean I would have to go to like New York or some crazy far away place with no one I know in order to get a decent training or degree or what it is you get to become a chef. So I was thinking I could go into something food related here at the good old Y and then, if I work up the courage, go away to a good cooking school. The only problem with these majors is that I would have to take Physics, Chemistry, Biology,...I think you get the picture. They are very hard classes. So I am still searching for a major that would fit with the cooking idea......so that one day I might be able to create something that looks like this:

or maybe even something like this:

(yes folks, this is a cake)

Here is another amazing one.

Hey, maybe I could even make your wedding cake one day.

And this one is just for fun. It is a 15 pound burger. That is crazy. I would never make you this, but I still think it is amazing.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I'll see the movie of Da Vinci Code even with my negative thoughts on the book.

I think you would definitely be smart enough to do Food Science. You really should just go to some crazy cooking school, but I would miss you too much. But if it's really what you want to do...and you could make all of those really weird looking things.

JandB said...

that would be pretty sweet if you made everyone wedding cakes. i'm getting married, so you can make mine.

JandB said...

haha, i didn't say when i'm getting married! ;) its probably in the next 5 years, hopefully.

Trisha said...

don't worry about the science classes. they really aren't that bad. just don't take francis cannon for chem. he will kill you. and physics isn't bad at all. i actually kind of like it now that i don't do it anymore.

smart alec said...

Alright, I think I have nixxed the Food Science and am now thinking Food Industry Management (because it's more about the cooking than Food Science) or Home and Family living (because I can emphasize in cooking). Anyway, the drama of my lack-of-decision-making skills continues...

And I was reading this thing about the DaVinci Code - anyway, I couldn't stop reading. I think I'm hooked and I can't wait for the movie....and to read the book again (but not for a few months because that would just be crazy).

micquel said...

I am pretty sure that I need to read the book once more before I take the plunge and see the movie.

Also, I think Ali needs to cook me something sometime, since I am not home when the cooking usually occurs. Remember how you were going to try and make me like fish? Well, you should try.

Trisha said...

hey! you don't need to read the book again. that will only bring dissapointment because you will realize all of the things that are missing. I have not read the book in a year and so things can slide more easily. i can re-read the book afterwords.

Anonymous said...

maybe this is a good idea. I'm thinking, yes.

Trisha said...

good. we could even get tickets for the 10:30 showing on friday night so you could join us after work.

micquel said...

hmm...we'll see if I'm willing to dish out that much money. But if you are making special arrangements so I can come....

we'll see. Call me.

JandB said...

i'm so jealous that you guys are going to see "the davinci code" that movie probably won't get up to idaho for another month! yes, its true, idaho is just a little behind the times. people are still wearing scrunchies!

that hamburger looks pretty good, maybe thats just cause i'm extremely hungry.

plugalong said...

I am so wanting to see Da Vinci too, and I completely agree with enjoying the movie more if you don't remember the book as well (even if the movie is a good match to the book it can be boring because you only just read the book). There is a whole lot of controversy over this movie have you noticed. I hope it is better than it is reviewed to be. I'll be so sad if Tom Hanks is in a part that flops. Talk about falling off a pedestal.

deb said...

Becky's scrunchy comment was a catalyst to one mighty large coughing/laughing fit. WEll done Idaho.

JandB said...

someone needs to blog about the movie the da vinci code. i've heard that it didn't get good reviews, but i can never trust those crazy critics.

debboe- i'm glad that i was able to make you laugh. did you have milk in your mouth that you spit out onto the computer when you laughed?