Thursday, August 14, 2008

Packing Up

Larke and I are moving into Glenwood today. Mostly because my mom forced us too. We were going to stay at her town house, but my grandparents are going to be staying there next week. Anyway, there are people in it now and I'm kind of scared that there isn't going to be an empty room and we'll have to ask someone to move into a different room. But hopefully that won't have to happen. I'm so excited to live with Larke (but of course I will miss living with Debbie terribly) and to finally settle into a pattern again. It feels like summer is always so crazy - a lot of fun, but still crazy. It's not as routine as when I'm in school.

Oh! and, funny story. The amazing people who work for Glenwood didn't look at our gender and put us in a guys apartment in the north building. I wanted to tell them that that was a-okay with me, but I didn't think they would like that so much. Anyway, we went back today and now we're in the first building, closest to campus, in number 15, with girls.

In other news, I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn. I really like it so far and I can't wait to see how it ends!


Izzy is going to one next month! I can't believe she's so big. Here is one of her 11 months pictures. So adorable



Song of the Week: Be Here Now by Ray LaMontagne. I tend to focus a lot on the future and how I want things to be, instead of focusing on what I have to do now in order to get where I want to be. I've been doing that a lot lately. And then I get really stressed because things aren't working out how I want them to, and if you didn't know already, I am not a big fan of plans being changed (although I think I'm getting a little better). I get so wrapped up in what I want my future to be that that's all I think about. I think I need to focus more on the present, because things aren't going to happen if I just imagine them in the future, I actually have to do it myself. I just need to relax, get things done, and have faith that everything will work out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're moving in to our exact same ward as last year. That's crazy. I wonder if anyone's still there? I'm excited for you to have new experiences with different roommates. It will be great!
Also, that is marvelous that they put you a guys apartment. Larke? Ali? Were they losing their minds? Ali is only a man's name if you're middle eastern!
I love that song! I think the first time I heard it was on 27 Dresses. Fell in love the first time I heard it. I think Micquel's been a fan of Ray for a long time. Good choice.

deb said...

Man I hope Glenwood serves you well. And that your roommates are awesome. I am going to miss living with you too! But we will still be friends. I am glad you are done with Breaking Dawn, now I can borrow your copy, right? I don't think I have heard of this Ray guy, but I will definitely give him a listen.

smart alec said...

We're actually on the first floor, so it's a different ward. And remember how my name is Alec? well, that was the basis of the being put in a guys apartment. But also, some lady came by today for a cleaning check (which turned out to be a false alarm) but she tried to pronounce my name and she said something like Alice or Alicia. It was funny, but i had to give her credit for trying to be nice.

I don't really have internet at the glenwood yet, so i'll try to write a new blog tomorrow whilst i do laundry at my mom's, but if not, that is my excuse.

deb said...

aLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiii, I am really bored. And not cranky. And I am Bored.

deb said...

poop.