Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Week of Births

My roommate, Laura, turned 19 today. Our dear friend Jake turned 22 today. I don't know how old Teri is going to be, but her birthday is on Thursday. And my amazing friend and roommate Larke turns the big two three on Thursday. I'm terrible with presents and sentimental things. I'm good at thinking of those things, but not at actually going through with them. But I'm trying to do better, so hopefully I will do something great and fun.

And speaking of birth, I had a dream yesterday night that I was pregnant (and by the way, I make a pretty cute pregnant lady). Anyway, my water broke. And I could actually feel it happening. Oh, and the baby wasn't mine, I was having it for someone else, a surrogate even. My mom wouldn't come with me to the hospital because she was taking a nap, but she said she would come later. I was real mad but I went to go tell my dad and step mom. They were excited and told me what I needed to do. So after realizing I was going to be totally alone in this and that I needed to get to a hospital asap, I woke up. But really, I was in the midst of gaining consciousness. As in, I actually thought I was pregnant and I knew that my water broke (I thought that I had dreamt it happening, but that it did actually happen) and I needed to get up and go. After a few minutes, and feeling my stomach, I finally realized that it was all really a dream and that I was not at all pregnant.

Song-O-the-Week: Time After Time by Quietdrive. I also like the Cindy Lauper version, of course, but this one is very good too. And I choose this one because, um, time makes us have birthdays.

2 comments:

deb said...

That's far too much birthing for my liking. And, I completely agree that time brings us more birthdays. Dang.

deb said...

Boo boo boododo, ba do do do da doo. Wiggity. no Diggity. Ow ow. Straight up. I don't want to do HOMEWORKKKKKKKKK ever again.