Monday, September 01, 2008

Art History is super duper fun

Well, first of all, Larke's car had some major radiator problems today on our way to dinner, so after we bought some coolant at the gas station, I got to put it in her car because she had no idea what to do. The best part is that I was in heels. I don't know why but I've always wanted to be all dressed up and have to work on a car. And even though it wasn't anything big, it was still satisfying. Weird, I know. Unfortunately her it turns out her car has a major leak and we're going to take it in tomorrow to get fixed, but the evening still worked out fun.

I'm pretty dang excited for school to start tomorrow, but I have neglected to get notebooks or pencils or text books yet. So pretty much I have a laptop and a backpack. I really don't want to buy books, they are going to be so much this semester! And I've started planning my schedule for winter semester and it has been driving me crazy. I can't take all the classes I want to because there are time clashes. But I guess I can put that off for a few weeks and just focus on this semester. I just want everything to work out perfectly for me to graduate next December. Well, I have the faith.

My roommates seem really cool and I'm excited for some fun at the Glenwood, but only if I can actually be somewhat social. Which I have some major issues with, but I'm honestly going to try and put the whole shy, insecure, scared out of my mind bit behind me and put myself out there as best I can. If I am going to be comfortable at all these next two semesters I'm afraid I'm going to have to not be afraid of making new friends, especially after my dear Larke abandons me.

Remember how a couple posts ago I said that I wanted to stop stressing and just live my life? Well, I think I'm finally getting somewhere. I'm really trying to not let things stress me out as much and just let things happen. If I am doing what's right and I really want something to happen, then I have to have faith that it actually will happen and stop stressing so much about it. For example, I wanted to find a new job. I decided this time I wasn't going to go crazy over it. I would just relax and do what I could do and if I was meant to get a new job, then I would. So far it has been good.

Al-dog's Song of the Week: Should've Said No by Taylor Swift. I just really like this song. It's a fun one. And Taylor Swift for that matter. I didn't think it would happen, but it has and I even bought her cd.

1 comments:

deb said...

What the flip? I really need to stop having this inner dialogue issue when it comes to your blog.

1. Larke's car. that sucks. and is expensive. I totally get the whole high heels thing. I feel that way when I figure out how to open the hood. 'Yes I am a woman, and I can open this thing called a hood.'

2. School. Can't believe you were excited. But I think that Italian class will be a good thing. You will end up loving it. Don't deny it.

3. I wish Larke wasn't leaving. That is the worst news ever. Well, not the worst IF she is happy there. But if she is still sad, she better expect to be coming back and living in one of our shoe boxes!

4. I am glad you are working on that stress thing. I know we can both get a bit irrational when we are stressed. We only have one life to live, so we gotta have a good time and not stress about dumb stuff so much. And you can quote me on that.