Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Late for Class

Ok, I have to leave for class in like 5 minutes. But, um, lots of stuff has been going on. I started my job on Monday and so far it has been pretty good, a little boring, but good.

I've been listening to Conference on my iPod while I walk to school and yesterday I heard the most amazing talk. I don't remember who it was or what the talk was called but it was all about Christ and how we can choose to follow him and be saved or not follow him and not be saved. Well, he used better words that me, but it was such a great talk. Maybe I'll look up who it was; all I know is that it was in the Saturday afternoon session.

Anyway, I think one of my roommates has an eating disorder and we're really worried about her but don't really know what to do.

It snowed today and it was real cold. I did not like it. But it was nice getting to work and not being sweaty.

These next few weeks are going to be crazy with research papers and tests. So I'll be at the library pretty much almost every night this week. party party. But then it's my birthday and then I don't really have any big things due until finals. yay!

Oh, dang I really need to go to class, but first. I was thinking about maybe having a birthday party for myself on either Friday or Saturday night (of my birthday). Just like some food and music and maybe games and such. I would invite a whole bunch of people, but maybe they wouldn't come. So...What do you think?

5 comments:

Becca said...

i loved this post Al.

first of all, do the party! sounds amazing! I will totally come. that is...if you invite me. And if you invite me, can you invite Grace and possibly James too? ;o)

next, you are an awesome person for listening to conference when you walk to class. No way I would have done that. I would have thought about it, and thought that it was a good idea....but then I would have been in the mood to set my pace to the beat of the song and try to walk like a model as I did so...yeh. that's why I should never use an iPod.

Becca said...

eating disorder. confront her. it's better than not. And you will always wonder what would have happened if only you had said something.

that's my vote. say what you have to say. let her make her own choice, but don't miss out on the chance of helping someone.

deb said...

PARRRRRRRRRRTYYYY

smart alec said...

Becca of course James and Grace can come.

If you guys think of any ideas of fun stuff to do on Saturday, let me know.

We've talked to the bishop about my roommate and he has talked to her parents and apparently their working with her on it. Last night we got invited to dinner by a boys apartment and she came! well, we had to do some pushing, but she came and actually ate some food. I really hope she starts getting better. It's really hard living with someone who never eats and is constantly looking in the mirror. I feel so self conscious all the time. I just don't understand how she can do that to her body and it scares me.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you decided to have a birthday party. Because I want to come.
Good luck with your roommate. That's really hard.