Friday, December 12, 2008

Longest Week of My Life

So, this week seems like it's been the longest week of my life. I don't know why, but it has been maddening. Ok, maybe I might know a little reason why, but it's so ridiculous that I'm not going to tell you.

Finals are finally here though. And I'm very excited and also scared for my life. I am greatly looking forward for them all to be over, and so I'm ok with taking them. But I'm real scared because, well, that means a lot of studying, and we all know how I am with that - especially finals. I don't think I ever really studied for finals until last semester. I don't know how I have survived thus far, but I wish it would come back to me now. Mostly I'm just worried about my Contemporary Art test because it requires a lot of analyzing and thinking about things that I just don't fully grasp. But I think it will be ok. I am planning on studying for most of the day tomorrow and then the craziness begins with two finals on Monday, one on Tuesday, and then the last one isn't until Friday.

Um, my little step sister Julie had her baby yesterday morning at 7am! I still haven't seen her because she was having breathing problems because of fluid in her lungs. But she was doing a lot better today and hopefully she'll come home tomorrow. Her name is Kira and she looks real cute. I'll try to get some pictures so I can show you.

My job is pretty awesome. My boss, Mike, is hilarious and totally laid back. It's really fun. I work with all girls and we are quite the exciting bunch. I'll have to tell more stories about that later.

Speaking of jobs, Lisa from Shirley's called me today and asked if I would work tomorrow and all next week. I said yeah right, sucka!...ok, I didn't really say that. I was nice and told her I could only work Tuesday and Wednesday for a few hours. It will be real weird, but whatever.

Have I mentioned lately that I have the best friends in the world? Seriously, words cannot express the feelings of amazingness I feel towards all of you. The times that I have the most fun are pretty much always with you girls. I could get all mushy, but I'll save that for another time. Basically, I love you all terribly. And I miss you.

I must leave now to Becca's super cool Christmas Party, for which I made my 40/50 cookies. That's right, I am also super cool.

Song-O-the-Week: Don't You Dare by Namaskar. So, I came upon this song whilst listening to acoustic music on iLike music playlist on facebook. Random, I know. But I really like this song and I think you should listen to it.

2 comments:

deb said...

Keira? right? Not Kira? Also, I wouldn't be opossed to the idea of you writing a blog about how much you love me. Just sayin.

micquel said...

Ali I like you and I like this post, but I can't be bothered to talk about it because I am anxious about this whole car crash thing--what does "mostly alright" mean? I know you are busy, but I vote for a post to update us all!