Sunday, January 25, 2009

dear Food Network, oh how I've missed you


This past semester I haven't really had too much time to watch TV, specifically the Food Network. And I love the Food Network. Love. It.

And now I am currently watching a cake Food Network Challenge. And it is fantastic.

Some of my faves are the aforementioned show, Ace of Cakes, Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives -this has currently risen to my number one I think.

I just love this channel. I guess it does make me hungry more, because of all the deliciousness that they show, but it is so worth it. I keep holding out hope that one of these days I will watch it and be inspired to start cooking more. Because I'm a slacker when it comes to cooking and I really want to cook more because it sounds so fun to me. I'm good at the baking part I think, but the cooking part is very sketchy. It has yet to happen, but I have the faith.

On a side note, my right knee has been having issues and I don't like it. I can't describe the pain, but it is pretty sharp and sometimes it hurts so bad when I walk down the stairs. It's like a piercing pain. But I think it's going away. So, in case you see me walking down the stairs like a crazy, now you know why.

I'm reading a book called Blink that my dad gave all the kids for Christmas. He has read it and pretty much raves about it quite often. So I was real excited that I got it. I'm a little more than halfway done with it and I must say it is fascinating. I will have to post about it when I finish. Then you can know all my feelings on it...maybe more than you want. haha.

Al-dog's Song of the Week: Unseen by Katie Armiger. I got this song free off iTunes a long time ago. I really like it. I think a lot of times girls feel this way after a breakup. Like, they didn't get themselves across the way they wanted. Or the guy missed out on who the girl really is because he didn't try hard enough. Which is why it's so important not to hold back when it really matters and, if you do, to learn and move on. Anyway, I got more into that than intended. But, it's a good one. quite catchy.

1 comments:

Kasey Strong said...

Ali, I didn't know you have a blog, that's great! How have you been? Also, if I had cable, you've convinced me to check out the Food Network channel.