Saturday, January 10, 2009

Edumacation

Yes, it's true. School has returned, as I'm sure you've all realized. I was kind of dreading it, but honestly I didn't even think about it until late Sunday night when I realized I didn't even have a notebook to take to class on Monday. But I actually think that school will be pretty good this semester. I like my classes and I know people in all of them, which is very nice.

I love my major more and more every semester. So even though I'll probably go through all of this schooling just to end up with no money and no job, I least I can say I did what I loved. Maybe I'll feel different in a few years....

Thinking of school brought about memories of the good days when The Magic School Bus was my resource for knowledge. Not only did I love the show on TV, but I also had some of the books and would read them all the time.

Songs of the Week: You get two this time because I'm feeling extra musical this morning. The first is Miserable at Best by Mayday Parade. I think I got this free on iTunes a while ago. And I loved it the moment I heard it. And I love it even more so now, even if it is a bit sad. The second is Holding Out for a Hero by Frou Frou. It took me a couple times of listening to this song before I realized that I really liked it. And I do really like it. And I think it's pretty pertinent right now.

1 comments:

deb said...

I am so SMRT! and school is cool. I am glad you are liking your classes. that is real good. School is cool. unless you have a lot of homework. then it is not.