Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wicked

Here's a walk through of my day at Lagoon. I hope you enjoy every second of it. because i sure did:

8am: get up after like 2 hours of sleep. for reasons that will not be explained. feel really nauseous. eat half a piece of toast, throw the rest away.

9:15am: arrive at Derek and Greg's. late. Soon after: Derek, Greg, Maria, and Ali leave for a fun-filled day at Lagoon!

10ish: get breakfast at McDonald's. somehow eat most of it. nasty.

10:30am: get to Lagoon. race a mexican van to the entrance. lose. forced to ride Wicked for the first time. thought it would be super scary, but was actually super fun. rode Collosus. also fun. ready for more.

11:20ish: in line for round two of Wicked. neck and head start itching for no apparent reason. halfway through the line, start getting really dizzy. Can't walk straight. Things get fuzzy. have to sit down every few feet. Derek talks to me and his voice is muffled. i'm going deaf, great. get up, move a few feet, stumble to the ground. everything is spinning. pretty sure i'm going to pass out at any moment. or throw up. or both. decide going on Wicked is probably the worst idea right now. Somehow stumble out of the line while Greg tells the employee girl that i'm scared to fall out while on the ride (which is true). get about 6 feet away from the line with Maria in tow. collapse on the ground. positive throwing up is going to happen. locate the spot by some lockers that this will take place, since moving is not an option. Derek runs to get some water. realize the previous itchy feeling is hives and it's spreading fast. lay face on the ground. nausea subsides a bit. Maria tries talking to me, to get me to move to a better place (like where hundreds of people can't see me pathetically curled in a ball on the ground). can't talk. no energy. hold finger up. "one second". Derek returns with water. Lift head up and try to sip. proves difficult, but not impossible. nausea returns full-force. head back on ground. finally convinced to move to a better place. sit up. realize i'm covered in nasty groundness. somehow get to a table in the shade. collapse on the seat. drink drink drink. more hives. everywhere now it seems. lay head on the bench. want to go to the first aid place, but it's far away and i know i won't make it. Maria goes to get a first aid person. they return with a wheelchair.

12:30/1ish: get to the first aid place. get blood pressure taken, blood sugar taken (yeah, getting pricked with a needle didn't make me any more nauseous ha. "it feels like a paper cut". um, i HATE paper cuts). take benadryl = sleepiness. start shaking from possible cold-ness and nausea (i shake a lot when i'm nauseous, i don't know why). lay on the provided bed for about an hour or so. can finally think and talk like a normal person again. hives subside. Greg and Derek run to Target to get some anti-nausea stuff. take that too = more sleepiness.

2:30ish: feel a lot better, leave the first aid place. only now i can barely keep my eyes open i'm so incredibly tired. but i stick it out because, well, i can't possibly waste any more of my fun-filled day at lagoon. time is running out. Proceed to go on more rides, eat half a hot dog, fall asleep at the table, go on more rides.

go home, more fun is had.

end of the day: realize how lucky i am to have such amazing friends who would sacrifice their day at lagoon to take care of my sudden outbreak of unexplained misery. and for making it possible for me to somehow have an amazing and fun time despite all of it.

9 comments:

Derek said...

You're cute. We had a blast, and it wouldn't have been the same without you there. I'm saying it's better that you were there.

Sorry you got sick, but, I'm still glad you came :D

Unknown said...

Man, I wish I was as cool as Derek and knew how to bold my words. Still can't figure that out...
Also, I wish I were as cool as him and went to Lagoon with you. I've been wanting to go all summer! I'm glad you survived and had a pretty awesome time. Wonder what the hives came from? Lack of sleep.

Derek said...

Nikki, what the heck!? Did you just burn me? Sarcasm over a bolded word? Ouch.

Haha. PS. If you were as cool as me, you'd have your own domain name, like mine. http://derekiscool.com

Maybe that's where the sarcasm came from.

Hey Ali. I blogged tonight. It's lame. But it's something. Bold

Unknown said...

No fair!

smart alec said...

derek...are you advertising your "cool" website to my friends? because that is not allowed. unless you tell me how to bold words...then i'll think about allowing it

hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hayley said...

seems to me that if this derek person WERE really cool, he'd have an actual link where his "derekiscool" web domain was listed.
Ha ha! Sorry, I don't even know you, derek, but when someone is being attacked, I gotta get in on it.
Also, ALI, what the heck happened to you!? That episode could have only occurred at Lagoon. Things like that ALWAYS happen at Lagoon, it's like, it wouldn't be the complete Lagoon experience if it didn't happen.

Teri said...

Ali, I'm glad you're alive. That sounds pretty scary. I like that you said "I am going deaf" because that is the first thing that comes to mind when passing out occurs (at least for me it was). But, I am glad that you are not deaf, and you no longer have the mystery hives, and your world is no longer literally spinning.

Derek said...

Holy cow

Let's all just be friends.

We can start by reading my blog by clicking the following link:

Derek IS Cool

Haha. My blog is not worth reading. Sorry for self promoting Ali. But you've seen my facebook ( Viewable by clicking here ) I'm a self promoter. It's just what I do.

It's late. I'm going to bed.