Monday, March 08, 2010

cooking night = most excellent idea

Saturday was quite a day. I had to say goodbye to Jantz, which just about broke my heart (but more on this later....)

A bunch of my amazing girly friends got together and made our own version of PF Changs lettuce wraps. They were so good. I thought they tasted exactly like the real thing. I think it would be a most delicious weekend meal to make with some super awesome roommates....when i get them, of course (can't wait for summer!).

maybe along with with an equally amazing dessert. but what?

9 comments:

James Clary said...

can you teach me to cook? you think im kidding but im not.

also i am watching julie and julia in about 15 minutes. i hope i like it. it makes me think of you and your chef-ery.

saying goodbye to your lover is always hard. i'm sorry.

James Clary said...

um what? apparently i am signed in as james. this is becca. but i bet you could already tell.

James Clary said...

haha i am sorry 3 comments! but i just re-read what i said in the first comment and can you even imagine if james said that? it would be SO funny. please picture him saying it as you read it. thank you.

deb said...

I pictured it becca. But for some reason he had brown hair and was trying to talk like Julia Childs. It was pretty funny.

Maria said...

Oh man! I am wanting them right now! They were so good! I am sitting at the computer thinking about the amazing lettuce wraps. We have to make them again! Hooray to Lish for finding the recipe.

smart alec said...

hahaha, becca i was SO confused. I had no idea who james was, especially because i couldn't think of a james that would be thinking of me and my chef-ery. when i read it was you, i laughed out loud. and then when i read deb's, i laughed out loud again. so good.

maria we are so making them again!!!

Anonymous said...

Well... that's amazing but actually i have a hard time determining it... wonder how others think about this..

Bethany Sneary said...

YES! lettuce wraps would be appreciated by a certain future roommate since she wasn't there! YAY! oh and a pizzookie for dessert! ...just sayin.

smart alec said...

pizzookie....i vote YES