Wednesday, March 17, 2010

why oh why

Why do I love procrastinating so much?
I'd like to tell you that I hate it, but,
I kind of like waiting until the last minute,
when the deadline is so close i can feel the excitement
of finishing something and not having to think about it ever again.
because then I get motivated to get things done
.....well, motivated, but much more vocal
about hating myself for being such a slacker.

On the other hand, I also love not having
to think about the due date.
I just have to pull it out and turn it in.
that's pretty good feeling too.

Every semester I tell myself that i'm going to be SO on top of things and finish way early.
(It's the research papers that get me the most)
And every semester, i find that i put it off again, somehow.
Well ok, I've gotten a little better over the years.
It's more fun now. Less miserable.
But I need to get much better at it if I'm ever going to survive another two years.

SO..............................I guess I should get back to finishing my awesome senior thesis


and here's a cute picture that i'm quite fond of, just for funsies
(someday I'll figure out why Jantz loves his moccasins so much)

1 comments:

Becca said...

JANTZ WEARS THOSE?!!?

For the last 3 christmases I have asked james to get me mocosins (sp?) for slippers because i love them and want them and covet them and also because i want them. two times.

he got me a pair of slippers that first christmas. they were black. they had fur. a black ribbon tied in a bow. they were girly in a mom sort of way. i wore them. for a year. and then i asked again. "but you already have slippers."

one of these days i will own a pair. just like jantz. boy howdy do i need to meet this kid.