Saturday, January 15, 2011

is it really Saturday already?

Because that means it's the day that Jantz is moving here!!!!

So there's my big news. I hope none of you were disappointed. If you were.....well.....maybe next time ;)

He had an interview over New Years and we were really really hoping he would get it. It just seemed too perfect not to happen. After a week of being SO nervous, he got the call that they wanted to hire him.

That was Monday. They want him to start Wednesday (as in this coming Wednesday). He decided to move out here Saturday (which is today, hooray!), which gave him 5 days to pick up and move to Utah. from Colorado. to figure out how to get out here, where to live, etc etc. As excited as we were, it was stressful trying to put it all together over such a short period of time. It just seemed so surreal. Despite all the stress, things somehow all fell into place. He found a place to live, a car to drive, a way to get out here (and good weather the whole way!).

So....he's currently driving out to Utah. right now. whoa. I get to see him tonight. and every night.

Yep, I finally get to be a girlfriend who gets to see her boyfriend every day. I'll actually be able to say "I'll see you tomorrow". I feel so lucky. Which sounds silly, because that's how it should always be. But really, I feel like I'm getting the biggest blessing (on top of many others over the past couple months).

Even though I would never wish a year and a half of long distance on anyone (really people, it's not easy), I don't think I would take it any of it back. There are things you can learn about another person only by being long distance. We have learned so much about each other from talking so much. And now I get to find out all of the wonderful things that come from being in the same place with my very best friend who (whom?) I love to death.

In the words of a girl in my ward, it's going to be "epic awesome" (Jessica that was for you)

I'm going to try and be a good blogger even with Jantz around, so cross your fingers and forgive me if I'm a slacker for a bit. I promise I'll catch up!

2 comments:

Dana Richards said...

YAY! That's so exciting!!! Keith and I dated long distance for almost two years and as tough as it was, I think it was the best thing ever for our relationship. We learned so much about each other and also that we can never take the time we have together for granted. After all that, you definitely deserve to be close! You're going to love it haha

Becca said...

ultra exciting, Al! I hope that means we will get to have you guys over for dinner and things like that. because you know, I would LOVE to have you guys come any freakin time. and I gotta say,you guys are one cute couple. it's mostly you, but Jantz does add a lil extra somethin'. haha. loves!