Friday, January 28, 2011

remember when pam and jim first got together? that was so cute

(I've been watching a lot of old Office episodes lately. The second and third seasons will always be my favorite)

Wow I have been terrible at blogging....my only excuse is that life has been so busy.

I have been doing homework almost non-stop. But I feel like the more I get done, the more I have to do (shouldn't it be the opposite?!). Even though it seems to never end, I'm pretty excited about all of my projects for this semester. Another annotated bibliography (much akin to last semesters but with more sources); a paper for my Women in France class, which will be about images of the holy family in France and how they differentiate between roles of motherhood and fatherhood (still working on a for sure idea with this one); and then a project for my Gender class, which I'm most excited for because I basically get to do mass research on my thesis. I have pages and pages of lists of books and articles that I need to find and read...which is daunting. But still exciting :)

Jantz has been here for two weeks. He's all settled and getting used to his new job. We've been having so much fun. Here's a few pictures of life this month...

New Years -
awkward picture....we didn't get a good one


My first homemade meal in who knows how long -




 yeah, it took Jantz moving here to make me realize that 
I don't really know how to cook anything (other than boxed pasta and cereal). 
hopefully it will only get better from here. any suggestions of meals to cook that are fast and delicious?

Jantz's birthday! (I always want to write Jantz', you know, like James'. but it just doesn't sound right...)
 his birthday cake i made from scratch. not to brag, but it was amazing :)

 naturally, i had to smear frosting all over his face. it's tradition!


I got him a visor beenie, the movie Batman Begins (he loves The Dark Knight), and a brown Rockies hat (he had been talking about it for months, but I told him it was too expensive, which of course means that I got it for him :) I think I may be breaking my life-long streak of "bad present-buying".

During his break at work he said he was hungry for a chalupa, in & out, and a red baron pizza. Since it was his birthday I made sure he got all of it. So after he got off work we went around to in & out, taco bell, target, and the gas station for drinks. And yes, he ate each thing (with a little help from me of course).

Wow, this has gotten lengthy. Before I go, here's a ridiculous video from the party. They bought mentos and diet coke and Derek had a "good idea"...

Oh AND i got my hair colored and cut today. I love it :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

pictures of your hair please!!!

I have loads of recipes. i will try to remember to send them to you. but until then, check out OUR BEST BITES blog. you can just google it. SO many great ideas and DELISH.

you and jantz are ultra cute. and is it possible you have gotten even THINNER?!!? how can this be you were already so tiny? it must be love. my mom always said that when a girl was really in love, she lost a lot of weight (meaing, they make out a TON and burn extra calories. haha) i don't know if that is true though because I'm pretty sure I'm in love with my hub, and well, yeh, not losing anything on this side of town. haha.

loves!

Kasey Strong said...

Ali, I love that you have a boyfriend. And that you've had one for apparently a year and a half and that it looks like things are going in a good direction. You guys are cute. I'm glad that you get to live near him now, that is a good time.

Derek said...

Great post! There's a video of me on your blog! I am so proud. Haha.

Sounds like you did a great job for the birthday party. I think we had a pretty good time.

Great presents too. I mean, they aren't Jazz vs Nuggets tickets... But.. Heck.. ;)