Thursday, May 19, 2011

Now that it's been a week....Guess What?!


 we're engaged! ! !


The story: Jantz was leaving to Colorado for the weekend (as in last weekend) so we wanted to do something fun on Friday before he left Saturday morning. He "casually" came up with the idea to go to Thanksgiving Point and walk around the gardens up there and then go to PF Changs afterward. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I didn't see anything fishy about the plans. So, we both got off work early. (enter sneaky Jantz, which is rare - that boy tells me everything. Turns out he made up that he had to go in early because they were changing the carpets, when in fact he just told his boss he was going to propose. AND he talked to my dad last week, which must have been pretty terrifying (I am his little girl, after all)).


When we both got to my apartment, we were starving! We sat at the table and tried to figure out what to do - eat here and then go to the gardens and then PF Changs, or go there first. While we were talking, Jantz kept staring off into space and not paying attention.

Finally, he said, "I can't take it anymore" and got down on one knee. I was so confused on what was going on. When I realized he was actually on one knee I was sure he was joking. I started tearing up anyway (and simultaneously thinking, he's gonna see that i'm crying and admit it was a joke). but it was no joke, my friends. He said some sweet words and asked if I would marry him. I immediately said yes and he put a ring on my finger. The cutest part was that, in the midst of it all, he ended up down on both knees. In the moment, in was precious. The runner up cutest part was after, when he told me he could do it over again if it wasn't good enough (he knew that I wanted a really great proposal). And I did want something meaningful and great, and you know what? it was simple, beautiful, and just the two of us in a place we spend most of our time together. It wasn't at all how he planned it, and it was so surreal when it happened, but I loved every second of it.



After all the hugs and kisses and tears of joy and pictures and calling of parents, we then went to eat (and boy did we eat) at PF Changs. Then we met up with my extremely excited roommates and played some baseball at the park. It was a day that was totally us and totally fun.

He got me a fake ring so that we could go ring shopping after we were engaged (which is exactly what I wanted :). We're hopefully going to get a real one soon!

We're so incredibly happy and excited for our future together!

So there's my big news :) Thanks for reading our quick story, I hope you all enjoyed it.



4 comments:

Becca said...

um I 100% enjoyed it. thank you. and i love you. and i think I love Jantz too but maybe it's too soon to say the "L" word, if you know what I mean. We've only seen each other a few times...so it could be awkward...haha. jk. you guys are adorable and I am so SO excited for you!

Becca said...

hey when is the big day? i forgot to ask you...

micquel said...

Definitely enjoyed it, so sweet! So happy for you both--he's one lucky guy:)

deb said...

Well, it wasn't in person (the story telling), but I will take it! How cute is that? I am glad it turned out the way you wanted, even if it wasn't how Jantz planned it. Gotta love those eager boys. So, now you need to fill us in on your plans, date, the new ring, pretty much everything. Get crackin' missy.