Friday, May 06, 2011

My Wonderful Grandmas

Two of my grandmas passed away last weekend, both pretty suddenly. They were amazing women and they will really be missed.

My dad's mom passed away Saturday afternoon after a few of the kids and grandkids were able to say goodbye. It was a really sad but touching day. (she was an opera singer most of her life - she was in Cats for while. i loved listening to her sing.)

My step mom's mom then passed away Sunday morning. That was a big shock. We were all still recovering from Saturday. (christmas at her house was the best. A Christmas Story all day, so much candy and good food)

Needless to say, it was a very emotional weekend. I have dear memories of both of them and I'm very sad that they're gone, but at the same time I'm glad they're no longer in pain.

ps, aren't both of them gorgeous?

2 comments:

Becca said...

OMG ALi! I am so sorry! You poor girl. That makes me so sad for you. I hope you are doing ok. loves!

Derek said...

Hey Ali. I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe your Grandma's will call you in your dreams, Like mine has been doing.

I know that makes me sound so weird... But it's comforting :D