Friday, May 27, 2011

Movie Saturday

As soon as Jantz moved here he initiated Movie Saturday, where we go to a movie every Saturday morning. We've tried a few times to go at night, but we're cheapies (cheapos?) and always back out.
I must admit, at first I was skeptical, but now I look forward to it every weekend. Even though it means that I can't sleep in as long as I want to...

Which leads me to last weekend. We couldn't decide on what movie to see (I wanted to see Something Borrowed, he wanted to see Fast Five), so we ended up with Pirates (somehow it made sense at the time). But we made it to the theater just a few minutes too late to see the first showing (as in, a few minutes after the previews, so really we were like 15 minutes late haha), so we had to settle for the next showing. You see, we go to the first showing on Saturdays, no exceptions (1-it's 25 cents cheaper and 2-that's just how we role). So we were both a bit iffy about the whole thing. And we had to reason to be.

The movie was packed. I know it was opening weekend, but we're used to early morning movies, when there's like, 10 of us in the theater. Needless to say, all the noise was just weird. But the movie was good.

Then we walked around the mall a bit, then went home and....I have no idea what we did. probably sat around and watched tv or something.

But then, we went to the driving range. That's right people, golfing. And it was really fun. Jantz is really good (well, he's got distance down, not so much the whole shooting straight thing haha...but don't tell him i told you). I was surprised how much I fun we had. Definitely something that will happen again.

And I was seriously planning on taking pictures the whole weekend because I've been so bad about taking pictures of us, but also I forgot....maybe this weekend...maybe :)

1 comments:

Becca said...

that's a really good idea. I think I will take the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2 next saturday. I bet they would freaking LOVE that. thanks for the good idea!