Monday, June 06, 2011

wedding updates

So, we've been engaged for three weeks. It's seems so much longer. and yet so much shorter. haha

We finally set a wedding date: August 18th (yes, of this year & yes a Thursday).

Now, I've always wanted to be engaged for at least 6 months. but when it came down to it, it was either next April or this August (no winter weddings for me, and definitely no wedding planning during grad school!). So, three months it was. haha. I have no idea if I can get everything done by then, but knowing that we'll finally be married is all I can really think about. We're beyond excited!

Jantz has been the biggest help (which isn't surprising, but I still like to brag about him :). I was starting to stress out about getting everything done (enter: me trying to do everything on my own with no help because i can do it best). I never realized how much of a control freak I am until now. So I've been trying to correct this and trust other people to help out (and who better to trust than my trusty fiance?). Jantz swooped in and now has full control over some pretty important parts (ie, finding us a place to live). I must admit, it feels pretty great letting things go :)

On to other details...

We're getting married in Colorado in Jantz's parents' backyard (which is going to be beautiful, by the way) with the reception there as well. Then we're jetting off to a cabin in the mountains for our honeymoon. The next Saturday we're having an open house in Utah (the day after my big Comprehensive Art History Exam. fun).

So, things are slowly getting done...

Like, I bought my dress (which I am so in love with) and it is in the process of alterations. I have tons of pictures I want to share, but on the off chance that Jantz actually looks at this blog, I'll hold off :)

We picked up my ring on Friday. It is so much more amazing than I pictured it. I seriously can't stop looking at it (it's getting a bit pathetic...). Here are some pictures:












Yep, I love it

3 comments:

Dana Richards said...

Eeeeeeeeeee! SO CRAZY! I'm excited for you! The ring is beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures from your big day. I think August will be super lucky :) We got married on August 14th and it was awesome!!

Kasey Strong said...

Yay, Ali, I am so happy for you guys! I was only engaged for four months and we are still happily married almost three years later. You can do it. And I LOVE your ring! Good luck with the planning!

micquel said...

Yay! So happy for you guys! But so sad that I will miss it all (we don't get back until the 28th, sad).

I was engaged for 5 months, and let me tell you, I wish it was only 3--I don't think you'll regret it:) Good luck with all the planning!