Thursday, November 17, 2011

birthday fun

Here are some pictures from my birthday :) remember when I said that Jantz took me to Cheesecake Factory on Saturday? Well somehow we didn't take any pictures. But trust me, it was really good, and really busy, and really delicious.

Monday my mom took us to Macaroni Grill 
(and of course she showed up with balloons; one of these years I won't be surprised haha):



Then Tuesday came around. I was sleeping when Jantz left for work, but he still made sure to say happy birthday. I worked on my presentation (that I gave Wednesday) all morning and then went to work for a bit, but ended up coming home early to finish up my paper. 
Jantz thought I wasn't going to be home until after him, though, so he I kind of ruined his surprise, but not really. He walked in with a bouquet of these beautiful roses:

I really don't know what it is about flowers...they don't really do anything...but when Jantz gives me flowers, it's pretty much the sweetest thing ever.
Anyway, apparently he was going to bake me a cake and have it baking when I got home (he even bought everything to make one - including a huge bottle of sprinkles (my favorite!)). I only felt a little bit bad that I was already home, because it meant I got to watch him make it!  



the end result was quite impressive. he even bought icing to decorate it. pretty good piping skills if you ask me:


Then my dad and stepmom took us out to dinner at PF Changs. It was so delish. and fun to just hang out and talk to the parents.


look how cute they are:


Here's me opening and showing off the presents Jantz got for me
(this one is the Lion King on Blu-Ray. I've wanted it since I found out we could buy it!):


I hope this doesn't make Jantz seem less manly, but he is amazing at shopping for me; he seriously buys me the cutest clothes...




blowing out the candles:

Jantz thought he could do a better job at blowing them out, so we did it again 
(and he totally kicked my trash):


I think this is the most pictures I've put up in one post ever. haha

2 comments:

Dana Richards said...

I love it! You ate at so many of my favorite restaurants mmmmm!

Becca said...

you are so cute and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! oh and tell Jantz to give James some present hints - Jantz knows what to buy a girl - flowers, clothes, make her food? amazing. I usually get something electronic. haha.