Tuesday, November 29, 2011

adjusting to life after thanksgiving vacation

Jantz and I got back last night from a great vacation in Colorado. I'm not going to lie, neither of us wanted to come home. Getting to play with family all day and not having to worry about work or school was just too much fun. Especially when I was supposed to be finishing up my thesis.....yep, didn't do that. Instead we shopped, played games, and ate lots of good food. Definitely worth it :)

While we continue to recover and get over our sorrow of being back in the grind, I'll share this brief tidibt.

Since it has started getting cold, we've been making stops at Starbucks every so often to get their caramel apple cider. (and now I have to preface. you know when you go to a food place and you have to give a name (think ordering pizza, putting your name down at a restaurant, or telling the Starbucks man your name so he can nicely write it on your cup)? Well, you may be surprised to know that Jantz isn't the most convenient name for these such occasions. No one ever gets it right. So recently Jantz has been trying out some new names to use....so far it's pretty entertaining, mostly because he forgets what name he said by the time they actually call it. Ok, preface done).   So one particular time, we went to Starbucks for their delicious caramel apple cider. Jantz gave the name Chad, and I gave the name Ali (because that's my name). This is what we walked away with:

Chad and Ally, happily ever after.

This story sounded better before I wrote it all out. haha.

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Quinn has the same problem so he just always says my name. I've done the creative names before and I always end up forgetting what I said so it just ends up being confusing...

deb said...

I hope Chad and Ally live a fruitful and prosperous life.