Saturday, July 12, 2008

I want my waterbed back

When I was a child - a baby even - until I left home, I slept on a wonderful waterbed that my dad built with his own two hands. I wish I had a picture of the real thing, but this will have to do. I miss it terribly. It was so comfortable. You could just wiggle a little bit and the whole thing would move like the ocean - but not in the ocean because that would be the scariest thing ever. It was like being gently rocked to sleep. I know, you want one now don't you? I do. These little apartment beds just don't cut it. Plus I had these awesome monster letter sheets. All the letters of the alphabet were monsters and they had names that started with the letter. When I was little they actually gave me nightmares, but as I got older I grew to love those little monsters.

6 comments:

deb said...

I want a waterbed. I have always wanted one in fact. When I heard you had one, I said to my self, "I think I should be friends with that Ali girl". And then I was. I am also pretty envious of those sheets. I think I subconsciously purchased my number quilt cover to equal your awesomeness. Cool. dog. word.

Unknown said...

My sister had a waterbed when I was 3. I only remember it a little bit. I think it scared me. But was fascinating at the same time, as most scary things are to a 3 year old.
I'm so pleased that I'm in all three of those "Friends" pictures. Delightful

smart alec said...

of course you are in so many pictures nikki, you are in fact my friend. but I have recently noticed that i am in none of your pictures. but that's ok, i'm keeping you in mine, my dear friend

deb said...

Remember that movie we watched this morning? I just told Rose about it, and it is still a bag of crazy. For everyone, listen here, the title of the movie we saw was, 'A Crime of Passion: She Woke Up Pregnant'. Wha?! Crazy.

smart alec said...

I was telling Larke about it yesterday as well. and guess what? chicken butt! ok ok not really. she's already seen it! she knew exactly what i was talking about. now that is some crazy.

deb said...

Cooooome back Ali. Come back Ali's sister.