Monday, July 21, 2008

Si-ng-al-on-g

I have decided that I am going to have a weekly posting of my song of the week. Hopefully it will accompany other topics, but sometimes I am lazy. The tradition starts now!

So, I went to Wyoming this weekend with my friend from work, Angela (aka Ang). She and I are the only singles left at work. So we have decided we must band together to form an friendship of awesomeness. To begin work on said friendship I went with her to her hometown, Lovell, Wyoming. It's in the northern part and is literally in the middle of no where. The town has 3,000 people I think, but we passed some that we 100-300. It was awesome, but also very baren. Her best friend from high school just got back from his mission and she wanted to see him and well, basically, see if there were still feelings there - because there were before he left. So myself and her roommate Sharee accompanied her for support. It was about an eight hour drive of desert and snacks and some pretty hoppin' music - oh and exciting conversations about guys and life and such.

She lives on a farm with horses and silos and such. It's the house her dad grew up in even. Her parents were amazing and so nice. I mean, like, the perfect couple. You can tell they still love each other and joke around with each other. And they are so open and Ang talks to them about everything - well, a lot of things. And they love their kids so much. Her dad was the kind of dad I want my husband to be to our children, basically most of what my dad wasn't (I still love me dad to death, by the way). Needless to say, I had a lot of fun and I'm probably going to travel up to Salt Lake maybe on occasion (which is where she lives). She is crazy and fun and pretty open about everything and for some reason she thinks I'm fun and funny.

Especially because I just found out my brother, Josh, Amber and Izzy are moving to Salt Lake! I'm so sad, but also happy because they get to live on their own.

Al-dog's song of the week: Dance Like There's No Tomorrow by Paula Abdul
I just want to "forget about all my problems" and "stay right here on the floor, Get lost in the night And dance like there's no tomorrow". The lyrics pretty much typify exactly what I'm thinking right now.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Paula Abdul is the best.
This sounds like our Idaho trip. Crazy small towns. It sounds like you had a good time! I'm glad.

deb said...

Al-dog. This is brilliant. I am excited for next weeks song already. I can't think of what this Paula song sounds like. You will have to play it for me, and maybe we can dance around like mad? Yes. Lata.

deb said...

Hey, what do you think about going out to dinner for Rose's birthday next WEdnes?

smart alec said...

i think you are amazing, that is what i think, you silly goose

also, yes to the dinner. party party.

p.s. nikki i haven't seen you in so long! i miss your face.

Unknown said...

Then you shall view it. At your earliest convenience. Except when I'm in Idaho.

Becca said...

hey you....I thought we had teamed up on writing new blogs. So....hows that comin' along?