Monday, April 06, 2009

Sesame Chicken = delish

Ok first of all, remember in Conference when Elder Snow talked about Robert Gardner Jr? Well, he is my great great great great great great grandpa. That's right, I am directly descended from him. Not to brag or anything, but the Gardners are pretty much amazing. That Robert was a keeper if you ask me. Oh, and his brother Archibald? Yeah, he was quite the ladies man, he had like 70 children with like 20 wives. Robert only had like 30 kids and like 10 wives. And I've actually read some of his personal journal that was talked about. He had quite the life of challenges. Anyway, just showing a little Gardner pride. And dang I hope I can live up to that legacy that has been passed down.

So, onto summer. I'm going to live with Larke for Spring term and I'm so excited! I think I'm going to leave the 25th, so like 2 1/2 weeks. I'm driving good ol' Sally, so hopefully she'll make it. And speaking of Sally, I renamed her a long time ago but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. So, if anyone remembers, tell me. I think it was an older name, like Bertha or Edna or something. I honestly can't remember and it's driving me crazy. Anyway....

I can't wait for this semester to be over! seriously. Although I think that partying needs to happen before I leave because I said so.

Sorry this post is kind of lame-o. I'll try to write another one before the week ends.

2 comments:

Becca said...

this is why I didn't know. I have been bad about reading blogs since I moved. my goodness.

I am serious about the movie thing. call me if you want to try and sqeeze it in before you leave, but i understand if you don't have time. 9 days! sheeeesh. I am very sad about this news.

Becca said...

but also i am happy for you because that sounds like a really fun summer. And sometimes you just have to get away from all the normal faces and places to figure yourself out. here's becca trying to be deep:

I think it's important to get away sometimes when you've been around the same people and places for a long time. The reason is because so much of who you are around starts definining who you are. If you can get away for awhile, you can be around new people and places and realize who you actually are and how much of who you were being was simply part of your comfort zone or normal routine. Does that make sense?

As I said, sometimes you have to get away just to redefine your sense of self.

I hope you part every night and have a wonderful time! And know that you will be missed.