Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Way

Ok, so a lot of posts ago, like a lot, I talked about a conference talk that I absolutely loved. Well, I keep meaning to post about it, and since we have conference this weekend, I better get this one out before then.

The talk is called The Way and it was given by Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge. Here's it in video form, in case reading it just doesn't suffice...


I listened to it again today as I walked on campus, and it is just such the best talk. I can't say anything about it without just saying exactly what he says. It really puts things into perspective you know? He just lays it all out there. You can choose Christ or you can choose Satan. It is your choice; you know the consequences. The gospel is easy, the world makes it hard. Don't ever give up, just keep on going. Just choose Christ and be happy - be filled with joy even. I don't know, I can't put it into the right words. But whenever I feel down, I listen to this talk, and it makes me feel better, like I can get through anything. That's the power of the gospel though, sometimes you can't explain it, but it just makes life better.

Song-of-the-Week: keeping with the gospel theme, I choose Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. This is one of my favorite church songs. love it. I like pretty much all the versions of this song. I like this guys voice. This one also has some beautiful piano playing, which gets me every time.

1 comments:

Becca said...

i read this post. but i didn't comment? I thought i had. I will always love come thou fount of every blessing. that song is full of power.

also, i think you are really cool for listening to such spiritual things on your iPod. I never did that. I probably still wouldn't if I had an iPod. I would always listen to music.