Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our Wedding: pre-wedding

We've just crossed the 5 month mark, and I can't believe I still haven't posted any wedding pictures or given any recap. This past 5 months have gone by so fast. We got married, went on a mini honeymoon, moved into our apartment, suffered for 2+ weeks with a flooded/being fixed apartment, started school, had some great work changes, and in general have been having loads of fun.

So, to start off, here is my brief (or maybe not so much) recap of the few days before our wedding:

The Monday before our Thursday wedding, I drove out to Colorado. Jantz had to work until Wednesday, so he couldn't fly in until Wednesday night, which was a total bummer. He was still working the 2 to 10 shift, so we really didn't get to talk much that week. That was really hard. I felt so disconnected from him and so wrapped up in wedding stuff. I just remember feeling kind of lost those days leading up to the wedding. I knew I wanted to get married, but I was so scared about all the unknowns - I mean, I'd never been married before, so as far as I was concerned, it was like completely different from "normal" life. good thing i was way wrong haha. Looking back, no one could have said or done anything that would have made sense to me. I think getting married and being married is just one of those things you have to live through in order to understand it. Like getting your first kiss or your first boyfriend or having kids. No one can ever reassure you or explain it to you; you just have to go through it and find out for yourself. 

Anyway, I was in Colorado and spent the next few days shopping and getting things ready for the wedding. Jantz's mom helped me literally every step of the way. Best mother-in-law I could ever ask for. And sister-in-laws, for that matter. Ok, and in-laws in general. I married into such a great and loving family.

Wednesday night Jantz (finally) flew in. One of his groomsman picked him up from the airport. I think we saw each other for a few minutes before all the boys went off for a bachelor party. When they got home, it was pretty late and I was getting ready to head over to my parent's hotel to spend the night there. All I wanted to do was talk to him and kiss him and get excited for our big day. But of course his friends were still over so we had a rushed goodbye. I just remember thinking, it's already time? Everything was so crazy that it didn't seem all "fairytale" like (hopefully I'm not the only one who thought that...haha). I don't think it had really sunk in that I was getting married until the morning. I drove to the hotel, talked to my stepmom for a bit, and then went to bed like it was any other night. And I slept great. haha. Then I woke up, took a shower like it was no big deal, and drove to the house.

To get married. 

1 comments:

deb said...

Dude, I totally get you on the night before not being a 'fairytale'. I slept on that dang recliner. No wonder you had a restful sleep, those beds at that hotel were Niiiiiiiice. I am excited for you to get married. Well, to relive it again.