Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Wedding: getting ready

While the days leading up to the wedding were pure madness, the wedding morning was pretty serene. Once I got to the house, the girls came into the huge master bathroom and we all got ready. Our photographer, Jessica, from Flourish Photography, was there to capture every moment. I have to say, I loved her. She was so sweet and took so many incredible pictures. Of all the many choices to be made in the wedding process, having her do our wedding was one of the best. (don't you love when the little - or big - things go right for your wedding?)


My amazing sister-in-law Brooke did my hair, and it turned out exactly as I'd pictured it (another thing that went perfectly!).


The one of many tender moments that morning was when I took a moment to look out the window before I put my dress on. Everyone was busy getting ready so I had a quiet moment to myself. People outside were arriving and getting seated. And then I saw Jantz. He was talking to the bishop. Seeing him all dressed up, knowing he was soon going to be my husband, made me totally tear up with happiness (and without knowing it, Jessica somehow captured that moment - even though my back is turned, and probably no one else would know what was happening, it will always be a wonderful reminder of my feelings that morning.



I did my own makeup, and my mom helped me into my dress.

 such a trooper

As soon as I was ready, everyone was whisked downstairs to start walking. My dad came up to get me and we waited until Jantz had started walking. Then we hurried downstairs and got to the door just in time. . .

3 comments:

Dana Richards said...

Love love love them all!!! Isn't it so fun to look back at wedding photos after the fact and smile about how awesome that day was??

Becca said...

OMG i love these pics. totally fab. and the story - keep on going, I want more!!!

Hillary said...

why did you stop talking and showing us pictures?
becca's right, we all want more.