Wednesday, February 08, 2012

his birthday

Jantz's birthday was two weeks ago (has it really been that long???). Here's some pictures from his big day:

His mom flew in and took us out to dinner at Red Lobster, naturally. It was so nice having her here. She even made us breakfast the morning she left (best mother-in-law? yes sir). We were really sad to see her go.



I made Jantz a (pretty dang amazing) cake for him to come home to. Two layers of scratch-made Hersheys chocolate cake. I was surprised at just how much he loved it. Needless to say, we did not throw any of it away.
(I may have forgotten to buy candles...so we improvised with these)




Watching him open his presents was pretty entertaining. His mom got him some new shirts - and they were exactly what I have been wanting him to wear! He just looks so good (as seen in our dinner pictures :).
 I got him the Transformers 3-pack, those shoes, and the watch, and of course his beats by dre headphones (which he just loves).




And then, Friday night we got all dressed up and went to Carvers (steaks and seafood). It was super expensive, but so delicious. I'm not the kind of girl who usually orders steak...I don't really know why, I like steak, I just, don't order it. haha. but Jantz insisted and so I got some prime rib. And it was amazing






We originally had plans to celebrate with both of my parents that week, but I was uber selfish and begged Jantz to let us continue his celebration the next week so I could finish a draft of my thesis. He graciously obliged. So my dad and stepmom took us to (where else) PF Changs last week. It was so much fun. They really are so adorable (can I say that about my parents? haha) and are always full of funny stories.


To my wonderful husband: I hope you had a great birthday and got everything you wanted. I hope you felt so much love, because we all love you so much! You have been such an amazing husband these past several months and I really do feel lucky every day that I get to be around you. You work so hard to take care of us and you never lose sight of our future. You make me proud to be your wife. I love you :)

2 comments:

deb said...

Did you write that lovely cursive on the cake or did Jantz's mom? :) Looks delicious.

Elder Chad Rowland said...

Ali...you are so sweet! Jantz is a very lucky guy to have you and by the sound of things it goes both ways!!!