Friday, March 20, 2009

Into the Depths

Ok, so I was just in a work meeting with all these people. We only have the meeting every other Friday, but we always have pizza and drinks and such - because my work is awesome. Today someone brought cookies - which were delicious by the way. They had chocolate chips AND little M&Ms and they were chewy and just, mmm. Anyway, so here is a play by play of how things went down...

-finish eating pizza, being very careful to take small bites and not look like a complete pig.
(note 1: for some reason I hate eating when I know that people could be looking at me. I just think I look weird when I eat - especially when it's pizza - so I just get awkward and probably draw even more attention to myself. anyway, just a little fact about me haha).

-wipe my face with napkin.

-quickly jet out of the room to get my water bottle because I'm parched.

-sit back down, remember that I have half a cookie left. yay for me.

-break a piece of cookie off (note 2: because of said eating issues, I tend to break things into pieces so I can just shove the piece in my mouth instead of biting into it and having more problems and maybe even get food in my teeth...end note).

-take small piece and put it in my mouth

-while the piece is going into my mouth (slow motion starts about now), whoops I think a chocolate chip fell. Oh wait, I think I felt it hit my chest...below where my shirt starts. I certainly hope it didn't go down my shirt haha, that would be funny...not.

-frantically searching for chip around my seat and lap...while keeping a collected cool and jotting down a few more notes so no one thinks I'm up to something.

-no luck finding chocolate chip anywhere around me. Face frightful conclusion that it has traveled down my shirt into unknown territory.

-look around me to see if anyone saw what just happened....no one looks alarmed

-realize that the meeting is only half way over and I've already left once so I can't just leave again without being extremely impolite.

-accept the fact that I'm going to have to sit here while a small piece of chocolate melts inside my shirt.


So, there you have it. haha. I can only just imagine, if in fact anyone did see what happened, what that person must have been thinking. If I had seen such a thing I would have been laughing for sure.

3 comments:

Becca said...

that is really funny. haha. I like you.

deb said...

Ha ha. Melty. But that cookie sounds delicious. I want one. Real bad.

Unknown said...

Why am I not surprised this happened to you, Miss Well-Endowed? There's just so much room down there.