Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loverly

Do you ever have moments or days when you just feel so full of love you fear you might burst? I have them every once in a while. I feel like I don't have enough people in my life to properly distribute such amounts of love. I want to hug everyone and tell them I love them (it's times like these that I'm grateful for my shyness). I want to smile as big as my mouth will allow and laugh to the sky. because life feels just that good. It has those moments when I wish I had someone I could just run up to and hold for an indefinite amount of time. Just be in the moment and feel completely at peace and so very very happy. bask in the joy.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find someone deserving of my love. That sounds selfish and conceited, I know. But, I think of all the people out there who could take advantage, who I would willingly give all I had for, only to be selfishly abandoned. left with nothing.

Is there really someone out there who will understand the importance of such a gesture? who will stay with me forever? who will deserve all the love i have to give, because he will in turn be giving such love to me?

I hope I have these moments the rest of my life. So when I have kids I can snatch them up and hug and tickle them until they laugh uncontrollably and I can hear the love and happiness that I feel. So when I have a husband I can surprise him at work with a piece of chocolate cake that we can share at his desk and laugh at all the silly things in our wonderful lives.

2 comments:

Kasey Strong said...

Wow, Ali. Your posts are deep. I miss you.

Unknown said...

LOVE this post. I have those days, but I need them more often. We have so many people to love! And you WILL find someone to love and who will love you. And then you'll have those little babies to squeeze and kiss!