Friday, July 10, 2009

Smirk

the past couple days i've been noticing little things that make me smile. so i decided i would record some, and maybe i'll try to keep it up every once in a while.

Sometime last week: was walking on campus when a random guy walking by said, "hey! how are you today?!" it kind of shocked me, thus making my response quiet and awkward. but afterwards i couldn't help but smile.

Tuesday: stopped by my mom's house to find a plate full of BYU's mint brownies. if that doesn't put a smile on your face, i don't know what will. they are my fave. so of course i ate one....or two. and i enjoyed every second.

Thursday: saw a construction worker carrying a "road work ahead" sign. i had no idea those signs were so big. it was like the big/little world in mario64. the sign was huge and the guy was tiny. i laughed out loud.

Friday: saw a woman walking out of the women's bathroom carrying a plant watering can. i'm sure she was just filling it up, but even so. it was one with a really long spout. my first thought was, what the watering can? i smiled.

Al dog's song-of-the-week: This is for Keeps by The Spill Canvas. This song is so precious. I read that he wrote it after reading Twilight. Anyway, i like it even without that connection, maybe more actually. It's just so sweet to hear a guy telling a girl that being with her even for eternity isn't enough, he loves her that much.

3 comments:

Meg said...

ali. i really liked this post. not enough of us take the time to record the things that make us smile. this has been a nice visit.

p.s. a guy may want to be with the girl for longer than eternity.. but can the girl ever feel the same way?i mean really? thats a long freaking tiiiiime!

hayley said...

I also liked this post. I have several moments like that myself, more so when I was in school--there was more room for random activity--but they bring me great joy. Perhaps they are what the scriptures call... "tender mercies!!?" ha ha jk.

Unknown said...

Man, those weird friendly guys on campus used to freak me out. Now I just say "who do you think you are? You don't know me."

I used to be one of those people who walked out of the women's restroom with a watering can. Every day at Women's Services. I definitely got some weird looks.