Tuesday, October 26, 2010

it's what day??

it's October 26th. didn't October just start?? the weeks are seriously flying by. but what can i say, time flies when you're busy studying. Is it scary that I've actually sort of enjoyed going to class and doing my homework? because it sort of scares me....I believe this week I even told someone grad school was fun (maybe even twice?!). yeah, whoa.

I'm not gonna lie, it's no walk in the park. I feel like i'm constantly doing homework. reading, writing, study study study. I miss out on a lot of fun, which makes me sad sometimes, but it's pretty much mandatory that I do homework every night, no exceptions (well except for Sundays, that's my "no homework allowed" day. I have to stay sane somehow!).

On a completely different note, I have taken no pictures for a couple weeks, tisk tisk. But, i have been looking at lots of art :) I'm probably going to be writing my thesis on this painting by Guido Reni:


St Joseph with the Infant Jesus, 1635

I actually wrote a little post about this painting (and others) a while ago. Funny how a few months later I found myself writing my senior thesis on it. And now....I may just continue that into my master's thesis. either way, this image will always hold a special place in my heart.

On another completely different note, I get to see the boyfriend next week, yay :)
(yes, he is back)

2 comments:

Dana Richards said...

Congrats! Is he back for good, or just for a visit?

smart alec said...

He's back for good :)