Friday, April 01, 2011

another friday post

Jantz is visiting home in CO for the weekend. Before he left I thought, sweet, time to do some major finishing of projects. and all the hills watching that i want (yeah....sort of have a slight addiction to the show that has ended and is thus no longer applicable to life. but i still find the first seasons way too entertaining). So, I was set when i dropped him off at the airport yesterday afternoon (making me soo late for class. oops).

But then I woke up this morning and remembered that Jantz is no longer in this state. and even though I don't usually see him until 10:00 every night, just the fact that he wasn't in the city made me really nervous. sad/desperate-nervous. and pathetic-feeling. I went over a year of seeing him maybe once a month....then he's here for two and a half (yes i'm counting) months, leaves for one weekend, and i am completely lost in how to go about my day.

pathetic, party of one.

but also maybe, crazy in love, party of one (or two if jantz gets to tag along)   (you can cue gagging now ;)



in other news, i have amazing roommates who let me tag along as they picked up some goldfish (count: 55). and i got to buy some more robin eggs (which i LOVE. but whoppers not so much. however, malt shakes are my favorite). getting out of the house with the girls always helps :)

in even more other news, I'm doing an internship at the museum at BYU over the summer. I get to work on a Warhol/Murakami exhibition. I'm no contemporary connoisseur, but it's going to be freaking awesome. look forward to more talk on this over the summer, because i am so going to be talking about it.

and now i'm sitting on the couch reading article after article (and book after book...you get the picture) so i can write a "magnificent" paper on widowhood in Paris in the 18th century, in relation to this painting by David (that's Daaaveed, as in hot, and weed). when i saw it in the Louvre i cried


p.s. do any of you watch csi:ny? one more thing i am totally obsessed with. just a quick comment on Mac's round sunglasses.

i think he looks like a creepy mad scientist when he wears them. he is way too cool for such glasses, even if he does have some of the cheesiest lines.

p.p.s. biannual fondue night is happening tomorrow night and I. can. not. WAIT. be jealous.

1 comments:

Bethany Sneary said...

love this post! so glad you were a support in our shenanigans, it was a lot of fun being out, just the four of us :)