Friday, April 15, 2011

papers and more papers

how precious is this sketch by Rembrandt of his first wife Saskia?


I can not believe it is Friday already. I have been switching off grading papers that will be given back at the final from 8-10 (yes PM) tomorrow and writing my own paper that is due on tuesday. Needless to say I can't wait to be done with papers. And I can't wait for thursday, when I get to turn in a big project and an outline of my thesis. Then I will be all done with school until August :)

For a little break last night I made chicken enchiladas with green chile sauce. Sometimes I'm sheepish about cooking because I don't want it to turn out bad. But, I did it anyway. And it was fun. Almost as fun as baking. And I think it turned out pretty good. And apparently Jantz did too because he had seconds. I should have taken a picture because when it came out of the oven it looked amazing. Now it just looks half eaten...

Summer is just around the corner and I'm so excited!

P.S. I had this funny conversation scribbled on a paper (from probably last summer) in my drawer and randomly found it today:

A: "if you're not scared off by now...well i don't know, you could still get scared off..."
J: "no....unless you send me an alpaca"

I guess here's to no alpacas in our future. haha. 

2 comments:

Becca said...

CUTE convo. I love finding old things from James' and my dating stage...I really do.

Becca said...

how did I NOT mention that sketch?!!? I love it. I think it is really sweet. and I like that she has a mom body too. hahaha.