Sunday, September 27, 2009

now that i have my GRE scores, it's down to business

Well, I've narrowed down my grad school selection to 5. I think maybe that's a lot, but they cover a range of really good to just ok art history grad programs, so, someone has to let me in :)

1-Princeton (this is MY number one choice, not only because it's one of the best, but because it's only like 45 minutes from my aunt julie, which equals my favorite)

2-UC at Berkeley (they also are top-rated, but mostly the weather would be awesome, that's really the only appeal for me haha)

3-Northwestern [this is white] (they have a good program, but not as highly rated as UC and Princeton. also it looks like i could get my degree in a shorter amount of time, which is just what i want)

4-University of Colorado at Boulder (this was originally my top choice, before my eyes were opened to my potential. the only reason i would love going here was to be close to larke. otherwise, their program is good, but definitely nothing to write home about)

5-University of Utah [this is also white] (ok, this is like, "if no one accepts me, they have to" option. maybe i shouldn't even have this option, but, just in case, i need a back-up back-up)

I have graciously provided you with each school's colors, if that sways your opinion at all.

also, i think i really love football. like, i would watch it on tv (if i had one). maybe that's going a little far. but, byu games have been so much fun. i guess what i'm saying is, if my husband loves football, i'll watch it with him. so really, score for him.

song of the week: We Used to be Friends by The Dandy Warhols. because Veronica Mars is the best. and this is the theme song. love it.

5 comments:

Derek said...

If I ever walked in on you watching football just because you wanted to, I'd propose on the spot, no questions asked.

Derek said...

srsly.

Unknown said...

So, with those awesome schools on your list it sounds like you did pretty fantastically on the GRE. Well done, Al-Dawg. I'm proud of you. I hope you get into all of them so you'll have the hardest decision EVER to make. Mostly, I hope you get to go wherever you really want to.

micquel said...

Well done, Ali, and let me tell you that the colors do sway me a little bit, but if you want to go to an orangey school, that's cool with me, too. Also, I am very happy that you are liking football. Me, too, my friend. Buying all sport passes this year has made me incredibly happy. Go Cougs!

smart alec said...

Well, I actually did just ok on the GRE, but i'm hoping they'll overlook that and focus on the amazing essay that i'm going to write. Thanks for believing in me, you're all the best!

Mic you have an all-sports pass too?! we should bribe them to let us sit by each other.