Wednesday, August 03, 2011

and one more year has passed

Monday Jantz and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.

That's right people. TWO years. whoa.


Thankfully we remembered on Saturday so we were able to go celebrate at our favorite anniversary place, Cheesecake Factory (which also happened to be National Cheesecake Day, meaning half off cheesecake, so, score us).

For some reason we've decided to get wedding presents for each other (even though we don't really know why this tradition exists or what the presents are supposed to be. I already bought Jantz's, which is record present buying time for me). And since our dating anniversary corresponds pretty well with our wedding day, we decided we would just do the wedding present thing a few days before the wedding.

So Monday rolled around and we exchanged brief "Happy Anniversary's" in the morning, but otherwise I was so busy all day. Luckily I ended up close to a Chipotle around 9ish, so I got Jantz's favorite burrito (and got it completely right, which is quite the feat). Chipotle is a 30 minute drive from us, so the fact that I was close to one meant I had to get him a burrito.

And that was his unintentional anniversary present. haha. I put it on the table so he would see it first thing (pretty romantic I know).

But that boy, he's the sweetest. He showed up with a rose and symphony bar (you know, the amazingly delicious one with toffee and almonds). It completely made my heart melt.

So, to my future husband: thank you for the past two years - they've been the best of my life - and I can't wait for the many many more, thank you for every single thing you do to make me smile every day, thank you for all of your sweet gestures (especially when i'm grumpy), and thank you for choosing me to be your wife. I love you.

0 comments: