Friday, July 29, 2011

invites and banisters

last weekend was spent writing, folding, stamping, and sending invitations. It was extremely fun and exciting, as you can see:


(PS, what do you think about this headband? I've wanted to be a bow-wearing kind of girl for quite some time now, 
but I'm still unsure that I can really pull it off)

Really though, I was pretty excited for this part - busy work is like my passion. Ok i wouldn't say "passion", but I am definitely all for it. Anyway, so far we've done about 520ish. And we wrote out every single address (ok except for like 75), which really wasn't that bad. I actually like the personal touch.

I would post them up here, but they fold and so it's kind of awkward looking at the front and back not folded...but trust me, they're awesome. Jantz's dad designed and printed them. He may be the most creative person I know (except for Jantz, of course :)


And THEN, a few nights later, we were walking to my apartment and Jantz casually tossed his keys up, thinking they would go over a big banister and come back down. He was wrong. they did not come back down. We ran upstairs and this is what we found:

And so, being the tough girl that i am, hopped over the railing to grab them - I wasn't even phased by the 20 foot drop or the fact that there was nothing stopping me from falling. I tell you - if this is any indication of how I would act when saving a person (not just a pair of keys), you will definitely want me to be the one saving your life. haha, ok now i'm getting carried away.



If you're wondering why Jantz didn't get them, it's only because I hopped over first. And it's probably a good thing, because getting back over the railing was not the most pain-free experience...

On a completely separate note, I'm getting my hair done today...which means any suggestions you give me (which I am asking for) will not be useful. I'm going to do some sort of coloring - probably just some blondish highlights (not hooker blonde, just normal romantic wedding blonde, if that exists). But what are thoughts on changing your hair color before the wedding? I don't want to look like a different person, but I do want to look my best (obviously).

Anyone have any fun weekend plans? We're going shopping for a couch, and finishing up some dreaded wedding planning (right when i think we're done, a million other things come up!).

3 comments:

Dana Richards said...

Congrats on getting those invites out! That was no easy task for us which is why I've put off the thank you cards so long haha

I love the headband on you! I can definitely relate on not knowing how to wear stuff like that... I think bows and headbands are so cute. On other people! I feel a little silly when I put them on because it's not "my style". Regardless, it looks great :-)

deb said...

I don't like looking at the last picture. YOU ARE GOING TO FALL!!!! (I know you didn't fall, but it still freaks me out)

Derek said...

I like this post a lot. You can totally pull off the headband, atleast from a non-objective dudes point of view.

I do have fun weekend plans. Roadtrip with Joel. Yay.

Anyway... Hope the "Hairdid" went well. Hope I'm able to make it out to Denver, even though it'll end up being super awkward for me with no friends... Maybe I'll male some. Jantz can introduce me to all his cute, single, non LDS Denver friends.... That are chicks.

Haha.

I'll be sure to be safeish jumping out of a plane tomorrow. Thanks for the birthday wishes :)