Monday, August 30, 2010

schoolio

the dreaded/anticipated grad school has finally arrived.

and i'm surprisingly super excited

the question is, whether i'm really going to commit myself to the hard work, sleepless nights, endless research, and really create something that i'm proud of.

no more coasting
no more going with the flow
no more mediocrity
only dedication, quality, going the extra mile
and most of all, excitement about all of it.

i have to admit, i'm scared to succeed. terrified even. i'm way too ok with just "doing my best" and being ok with whatever results come out of it. because if i don't put my all into something, then i know i can't expect amazing results. i've always hated this about myself.

so grad school can not longer be just a means to an end. it is now a challenge. to myself. to make expectations high, and do all i can to achieve them. which means believing in myself like i never have before.

but i can do it right? it is possible?

1 comments:

Dana Richards said...

Good luck! Graduate school is definitely a crazy adventure, but I think you have the right attitude. At times it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done, and it's going to seem like you're in WAY over your head but you just need to push through, do your very best and be proud of everything you put your name on. Excited to hear about how it goes!